Rules and Conditions
No Text Zone Contest
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the KTVL-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KTVL-TV (collectively, the Station), CW11, Eds Tire Factory, Grange Co-Op, Valley Immediate Care, West Coast Appliance, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per IP address.
2. To enter, log onto www.ktvl.com to take the pledge to not text and drive. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, and take the pledge. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on July 1, 2013 and ends on July 1, 2014 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station by 12:00 AM PT each Tuesday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. Each Tuesday during the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid NTZ entries, for a total of fifty-two (52) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly drawing.
5. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the fifty-two (52) weekly winners will each receive one of the following four prizes as determined by the Station at the time of the drawing: $25 gift card from the Grange Co-Op, $34.95 oil change at Eds Tire Factory, $25 gift certificate from West Coast Appliance plus a $15 Gift Card to Dutch Bros, $25 Gift Card to Red Robin provided by Valley Immediate Care. The prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize providers for gift cards/certificates.
2. Winners will be notified by phone or email. Before claiming the prize, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification at the time the winners claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) week, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. 6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered on KTVL-TV, CW11, or their web sites.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. Sinclair Television Group Inc., and Sinclair Communications, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours KTVL, 1440 Rossanley Drive, Medford, Oregon, and on the Station's website at www.KTVL.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KTVL, 1440 Rossanley Drive, Medford, OR 97501, with your request by June 30, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Eds Tire Factory, Grange Co-Op, Valley Immediate Car, and West Coast Appliance accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.